Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Buying a Domain Name vs. Using a free website to create a web page.

With so much free stuff out there (blogs, web pages, website, and marketing tools), "who needs a domain name anymore?"...is a question I came across surfing the internet.

Free web pages has it benefits in that they allow someone with little to know web design experience to have manipulate customizable templates and have not their own domain name, but a free web page on the company's parent domain.

This site for example: http://thehomebusinessplan.blogspot.com/ - Why would I register my own domain name, when I can have a free "web page" that give the illusion of me having my own website?

Looking at the bigger picture; I can register a free web page with blogger, wordpress, myspace, ning, and others. This site (in particular) doesn't advertise on my page, granting me that power (to advertise) making a free web page seem irresistible and purchasing my own domain unnecessary. However, the power of (my word of mouth) about these services generate money for Google (who owns blogspot). Let's say, I'm so excited about these service that I "refer" you to open up a blogspot account, I don't get paid for that. Even though they give me the power to advertise, when I put adsense ads on here, guess what? Google is earning. They are the parent company of the blogspot domain.

I need a domain that has the power to generate money for me, whereas my word of mouth is building "my brand" and not the Google brand. Even if I buy http://www.thehomebusinessplan.com/ (if it's available), and forwarded it to this very site. I'm still building equity on my brand. I could turn this site into a network, and sell the domain. I could put anything I want on my site, and there's no chance of any moderator deleting my account. I'd have an email for public reference, email William.Carroll@thehomebusinessplan.com.

Finally, you have GDI, with whom you can buy your domain name from (whether for branding priviledges, for personalized email creation), and when you use your word of mouth to refer others to get a domain name from GDI, you earn money! This doesn't happen, when you use and refer others to myspace, ning, blogger, wordpress, and other domains with free services.

Parent your web page with your own domain, and refer others to do whatever it is they do online "with" their own domain (from GDI), and here the power of word of mouth is making your domain name account money, as opposed to just putting money in someone else's bank for all the time and energy you invest into providing online content.

Visit GDI and Buy Your Domain Name, Today! Click Here to Join My Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment